Substitute Niclas Fullkrug scored in the 83rd minute Sunday to give Germany a 1-1 draw against Spain at Al Bayt Stadium in one of the most anticipated matches of this year’s World Cup. A loss would not have eliminated Germany, but it would have left the team in a much more difficult position.
Essentially written off after being battered by Spain, Keysher Fuller has changed everything for Costa Rica.
Fuller took advantage of a defensive error and scored the only goal of the match to lead his team over Japan 1-0 Sunday at the World Cup. Both teams now have three points after two matches and a good chance to advance to the round of 16 from Group E.
Group E standings:
- Narine becomes first to receive red card in Cricket
- Real Sociedad sings Arsenal defender Tierney on loan
- West Ham sings Ghana forward Mohammed Kudus from Ajax
- 2014 US Open runner-up Kei Nishikori has pulled out of this year’s tournament
- Serie A: Vlahovic to the rescue as Juventus snatches 1-1 draw against Bologna amid jeers, Napoli wins again