Liverpool signed Cody Gakpo from PSV Eindhoven for a reported fee of about 40 to 50 million euros ($43 to $53 million).
Gakpo had been under the radar of a lot of clubs, especially after his impressive performance for the Netherlands in the FIFA World Cup in Qatar where he scored three goals for the Oranje.
One notable club that was in the race to sign Gakpo was Manchester United, with media reports saying that United was in the advanced stages of discussion. However, arch-rival Liverpool beat the Red Devils for Gakpo’s signature.
For PSV, Gakpo scored 36 goals in 106 appearances.
- What happened when India football team played against Qatar last time?
- India vs Qatar H2H: India’s head-to-head record ahead of FIFA 2026 World Cup Qualifiers
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: India vs Qatar Predicted XI
- Best bowling spells of ICC World Cup 2023: Shami’s 7/57 vs NZ, Shaheen’s fifer against Australia in top 5
- Spieth selected to replace McIlroy on PGA Tour policy board considering Saudi deal