Manchester City’s Norwegian striker Erling Haaland will be back in action when Premier League champion plays Liverpool in Round of 16 of the Carabao Cup on Thursday.
Haaland, who has broken a number of records after being signed by Pep Guardiola’s side this season, was one of the stars missing from the FIFA World Cup as Norway did not qualify for the quadrennial event.
“The players who were at the World Cup are in better condition than the players who were here. Sergio (Gomez), Erling (Haaland), Riyad (Mahrez) and Cole (Palmer), they’re missing the rhythm a bit compared to Rodri or Manuel Akanji, “ Guardiola told reporters before Thursday’s League Cup clash against Liverpool.
In just 13 Premier League matches, Haaland has scored 18 goals for the Manchester club.
- Poland, Israel Under-21 players refuse to play first minute at Euro Qualifying
- Top spells by Australian bowlers in ODI World Cup finals
- Top spells by Indian bowlers in ODI World Cup finals
- Euro 2024 Qualifiers: Haaland to miss Norway vs Scotland match with foot injury
- Las Vegas Grand Prix: Leclerc on pole as Ferrari sweeps qualifying