Fran Garcia capped off a whirlwind day on Monday when he was unveiled as Real Madrid’s first signing for next season, with a call-up from Spain for this week’s Nations League finals in the Netherlands.
The 23-year-old left-back has moved back to Real Madrid from Rayo Vallecano and was presented at a press conference on Monday.
Just hours later, the Spanish football federation added him to the national team squad in place of the injured Juan Bernat.
Spain takes on Italy in their Nations League semi-finals in Enschede on Thursday.
Uncapped Garcia came up through the ranks at Real Madrid before heading off to Rayo Vallecano for three seasons.
“It’s a dream to be back at Madrid,” he told reporters on Monday.
“I’ve devoted my body and soul to do my best on the pitch to be able to be here today. I’m very proud to see that the work I’ve done and the journey I’ve had to make has been rewarded with the chance to return to the home I left,” he added.
- WPL 2024: Asha’s five-wicket haul helps RCB defeat UP Warriorz in a thriller
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bashir’s exploits, under Nostradamus Stokes, leave India in tatters
- Musheer Khan hits maiden double-century for Mumbai in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Baroda
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Anubhav, Kartikeya hand Madhya Pradesh first-innings lead against Andhra on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Musheer Khan’s double-century puts Mumbai in strong position on Day 2