Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez were both left out of Real Madrid's squad for Los Blancos' friendly against Salzburg on Wednesday.
Unsettled forward Bale was on the verge of a move to Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning last month, but the proposed deal collapsed.
Bale did not feature in Madrid's last pre-season friendly – a 5-3 win over Fenerbahce on July 31 – having been left out of its squad for the Audi Cup due to illness.
The 30-year-old was spotted golfing, however, while Madrid was in action against his former club Tottenham a day earlier.
It does not appear a transfer is imminent for Bale, with agent Jonathan Barnett previously telling Omnisport his client will remain at Santiago Bernabeu despite a clear breakdown in his relationship with Zinedine Zidane.
Although seemingly being fit for selection, Bale has not been included in Madrid's 20-man squad for the meeting with Austrian champion Salzburg.
Bale is not the only big name to miss out, with James – who has not featured at all in Madrid's pre-season after two campaigns on loan at Bayern Munich – also not included.
Napoli and Atletico Madrid have both declared their interest in the Colombia playmaker, though no breakthrough has yet been made in a deal with either club.
Close-season signings Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic and Eder Militao do feature, though Ferland Mendy is out with a hamstring injury.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Title contender Rybakina marches past teenager Noskova into third round
- Harry Kane - Artificial intelligence can help reduce injuries
- Czech tournament does U-turn on Ukraine players after warning
- Premier Handball League: Rajasthan Patriots to lock horns against Maharashtra Ironmen in opening match
- History says the NBA Finals will end in 6 games, the most common of all outcomes