Barcelona midfielder Gavi underwent successful surgery on his torn right knee anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), the club announced on Tuesday.
Gavi suffered a nasty injury during Spain’s Euro 2024 qualifier match against Georgia last Sunday. The 19-year-old left the field in tears during his side’s 3-1 win and an MRI scan later revealed that he had also injured the lateral meniscus besides the tear on his ACL
The club confirmed that Gavi also underwent a meniscus suture process on Tuesday. He is expected to be out for several months and the LaLiga side said in its statement that Gavi’s “recovery will determine when he is fit to return to the squad.”
Gavi became a key player for Barcelona and for Spain over the last few seasons. He started every game for Spain in the 2022 Qatar World Cup, also becoming the youngest scorer in the tournament since Pele in 1958.
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Warriorz win toss and chose to bowl first; eyes on Mandhana, Healy
- IND vs ENG Test series: England spinner Leach to undergo knee surgery
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Nair’s knock gives Vidarbha the upper hand against Karnataka on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Indrajith steps up as Tamil Nadu asserts control against Saurashtra
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan Highlights, OFC 0-0 MBSG, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku and Mauricio miss chances for both sides leaving it all square