Manchester United’s Rasmus Hojlund and Christian Eriksen have been withdrawn from the Denmark squad for its two upcoming Euro 2024 qualifying games.
Hojlund left Saturday’s 1-0 victory over Luton Town near the end of the game with a hamstring injury, while Eriksen went off in the first half with a knee injury. Injury-riddled United was already without eight players for that game.
The 20-year-old Hojlund scored two goals in United’s 4-3 loss to Copenhagen FC in the Champions League on Wednesday. Erik ten Hag’s team is sixth in the Premier League standings after its worst start to a season since 1962.
Denmark faces Slovenia on Friday and Northern Ireland on Monday.
The Danes are level on 19 points with Slovenia at the top of Group H of Euro qualifying but second based on goal difference.
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Musheer Khan’s double-century puts Mumbai in strong position on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Indrajith steps up again as Tamil Nadu asserts control over Saurashtra on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Sai Kishore’s fifer keeps Tamil Nadu in command against Saurashtra on Day 1
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Karun Nair’s knock gives Vidarbha the upper hand against Karnataka on Day 2
- RCB vs UPW, WPL 2024: Asha Shobana Joy becomes first Indian to take five wickets in WPL history