Shillong Lajong FC and Neroca will face off in the 32nd match of this I-League season on Sunday at the Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium in Shillong. Having won just one match each, a win here is paramount for both teams.
Host Shillong is currently 10th with four points from six matches, while Neroca is seventh with five points having also played a match less.
Shillong has played some quality attacking football, but hasn't been clinical enough to find the back of the net more often. Six different players have scored the eight goals so far.
However, a major concern for head coach Alison Kharsyntiew will be to get the defensive organisation right. Defensive lapses have resulted in Shillong conceding 14 goals so far.
“The problem is that we have conceded 14 goals which were just because of silly mistakes. We have to work on those mistakes and we're doing so. The boys have shown improvements and we'll continue doing so,” said Kharsyntiew ahead of Sunday's match.
Neroca has conceded five goals and score four in five fixtures this season. Nigerian Felix Chidi with two goals is the top-scorer for the team.
“To be honest, we, at this moment, are growing up as a team. We are working hard and the players need to enjoy football. We are positive about getting a win tomorrow and we just need to keep our focus throughout and execute the plans on the pitch,” said Neroca's head coach, Manuel Fraile.
The match kicks off at 5pm.
- Sportstar Hangout E01: India men’s hockey team captain Harmanpreet Singh on Olympic aspirations, his daughter Ruhanat and the drive to keep improving
- Al Nassr 4-1 Al Riyadh Highlights: Cristiano Ronaldo scores and assists for Saudi Pro League side
- Russia says IOC rules for Russian athletes ‘discriminatory’
- Real Madrid boss Ancelotti expecting Vinicius to return in January
- Volleyball Club World Championship: Ahmedabad Defenders loses to reigning champion Sicoma Perugia, out of semis race