India colts will lock horns with Italy on Friday, in what will be another tough test, as a part of its preparation for the upcoming FIFA U-17 World Cup.
The match will be held in Arezzo. Luis Norton de Matos’ side lost 1-2 to Sporting Lisbon in the last match of its exposure trip to Europe on May 10. Sporting Lisbon created a few chances towards the end of the game but the Indian defenders saw off the danger to keep the scoreline unchanged.
Before that, the India team went down 0-3 to Portuguese club SL Benfica in a friendly match in Lisbon.
The Indians had claimed a 2-2 draw against the same club on April 27. Spanish and Barcelona legend Carles Puyol was in the Capital on Monday to launch the ticket sales for the U-17 World Cup to be played in India from October 6-28.
- NBA roundup: LeBron James hits milestone, but Nuggets win
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: Sai Kishore picks fifer vs Mumbai; Yash Thakur removes Gawali, Venkatesh vs MP
- De Minaur sinks Ruud to retain Mexican Open crown
- India climbs to top spot in WTC standings after Australia beats New Zealand
- LeBron James reaches 40,000 points to extend his record as the NBA’s scoring leader