The Indian U17 women's team lost 1-2 against China in its last match of the BRICS U-17 Football Tournament in Johannesburg on Sunday.
Two goals by China late in the second half nullified the lead India had taken early on, as the opponents ran out eventual winners.
Manisha had put the Indians ahead in the 25th minute when she capitalised on a rebound off a free-kick to give India the lead.
In the second half, the Indian goalkeeper Archana made some good saves to keep India in the match but she eventually conceded in the 74th minute when China equalised from the penalty spot. Eight minutes later, the Chinese scored once again to take the lead.
The Indian women could do little to muster an equaliser and with time running out, failed to make the most of their opportunities.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer