Sevilla says it has nearly reached an agreement with the Argentine football association to let Jorge Sampaoli coach his country’s national team.
The Spanish club says “this outline of an agreement depends on the writing and delivery of relevant documents, which must be signed by both parties on June 1.” Sampaoli has one more season remaining on his contract.
Sevilla says that Sampaoli’s buyout clause of 1.5 million euros was “not argued about” and that “both sides are satisfied with the agreement.” Sampaoli had said that he wanted to coach his country’s national team after leading Sevilla to a fourth-place finish in Spain.
Argentina fired predecessor Edgardo Bauza in April with the Albliceleste precariously placed fifth in the CONMEBOL World Cup qualification stage.
- WPL 2024: Asha’s five-wicket haul helps RCB defeat UP Warriorz in a thriller
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bashir’s exploits, under Nostradamus Stokes, leave India in tatters
- Musheer Khan hits maiden double-century for Mumbai in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Baroda
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Anubhav, Kartikeya hand Madhya Pradesh first-innings lead against Andhra on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Musheer Khan’s double-century puts Mumbai in strong position on Day 2