Roberto Carlos led Delhi Dynamos, the second team to make it to the semifinals after defending champions Atletico de Kolkata, would look to maintain their momentum when they take on bottom placed Kerala Blasters at the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium tomorrow. Last year the capital city based club had finished fifth in the league.
Delhi Dynamos, who have 21 points from 12 matches, will play against the Blaster on Thursday and will wrap up their league phase with a match against FC Goa on December 6.
As coach Roberto Carlos observed, “Qualifying for the play offs feels great! The morale of the players is on a high after the last win and we would want to continue with our momentum against Kerala as well. We are looking forward to playing our last two league games in front of our home fans.”
Delhi Dynamos will be looking to top the table by securing a win against the team from Kerala. “We will obviously chase the top position. To get to the play-offs was the most important thing. It’s a very neutral league and it’s important for the player’s motivation to finish on top,” Carlos said ahead of the match here. “We spoke about this game. If we think it will be easy, we will lose. That’s why I have been talking to them, asking them to take it seriously. Our goals are not achieved as yet,” Carlos added.
Kerala Blasters coach Terry Phelan noted, “We have seen some great performances from the team but we let ourselves down conceding poor goals due to lack of concentration. Now it’s about pride and playing to our capabilities. We are going out there to win the game. Hopefully, we want to get out of the bottom of the table.”
Phelan conceded the home team was good. “Delhi is a good team. It has quality players but we still believe we can get a result. It’s not over as yet before anybody starts thinking about going home. We have a game left and hopefully we will get off the bottom,” said Phelan.
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 next
- Nepal becomes first team to score 300 in men’s T20I; Dipendra Singh breaks Yuvraj Singh’s record for fastest 50
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Mitchell Marsh scores fifty; Spinners help India control scoring rate
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit bows out in tennis QF; India 5th with 22 medals
- Shooting HIGHLIGHTS Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold - Hangzhou 2022 updates