Jamshedpur FC on Tuesday announced the signing of Indian midfielder Sanjay Balmuchu in a three-year deal. Born in Jharkhand, Sanjay is a local talent, with a pedigree of representing some top clubs both in the I-League and the Indian Super League.
An ex-Tata Football Academy cadet, Sanjay started his professional career with Churchill Brothers in the I-League before moving to Mohammedan Sporting and later Mohun Bagan.
He also featured for FC Goa in the 2016 season before moving to a title-winning season with Chennayin FC in 2017-18. Sanjay can play both as a centre-back and as a defensive-midfielder, giving enough cover for the squad.
On signing with Jamshedpur FC, Sanjay said: “Jamshedpur FC is like a boon to the state of Jharkhand and the city of Jamshedpur. Being a local, I am extremely happy that I would be dawning the Jamshedpur FC t-shirt and will look to contribute towards the team’s success for the upcoming season.”
- Ranji Trophy Plate Final: Biswa century not enough as Hyderabad nears title
- Mathews gives Sri Lanka unassailable 2-0 lead over Afghanistan in T20 series
- Traore, Diatta banned following Africa Cup of Nations outbursts
- Maha Open Challenger: Poonacha, Mukund advance to second round
- Oliver Glasner named as new Crystal Palace boss: club