Chennaiyin FC winger Lallianzuala Chhangte claimed his first assist for the club when he set up Jakub Sylvestr against Mumbai City FC at the GMC Stadium in Bambolim on Wednesday.
This also marked the 23-year-old Indian star's first assist in almost two years. His last one came during January 2019, when he was representing Delhi Dynamos FC against Kerala Blasters FC.
FOLLOW LIVE |
Chhangte had joined CFC in August 2019. Last season, he contributed seven goals during the side's run to the final. He also has four goals in nine appearance for the India national team.
Before his time with Delhi, Chhangte had plied his trade for DSK Shivajians U-18 and senior outfits, NorthEast United FC, Indian U-19 and U-23 teams.
The 2020-21 Indian Super League (ISL) is his fifth edition in the tournament, while he spent the 2016-17 season in the I-League.
Latest on Sportstar
- England spinner Jack Leach ruled out of Ashes 2023
- In England, you never feel in but you will have an intuition when to attack: Rohit Sharma
- Namibia beats Karnataka in second one-dayer, levels series 1-1
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: Courtois saves an early penalty; stalemate continues; RMA 0-0 ATH
- Formula 1: Hamilton hails ‘mega job’ by Mercedes, focussed on next year