ATK interim head coach Ashley Westwood has decided to step down from his post before the team’s last league match against North East United scheduled on Sunday.
An ATK spokesperson said this in a media statement on Friday.
“Ashley Westwood has decided to step down from the role of interim head coach,” the statement said.
Westwood had replaced Manchester United legend Teddy Sheringham, who was sacked in the last week of January.
In the seven matches Westwood took charge, ATK did not win a single match while losing six of them.
The 2016 champion has not named a new coach as a replacement for the Englishman. Bastab Roy, who was the assistant coach, in all likelihood will take care of the team in its final appearance of the season.
- Al Ain vs Al Nassr Highlights, AFC Champions League Quarterfinal: Rahimi goal gives host 1-0 advantage in first leg
- AFC Champions League quarterfinal: Ronaldo’s Al Nassr suffers narrow loss against Al Ain in first-leg
- ISL 2023-24: NorthEast United FC’s playoffs challenge takes a hit with a 2-2 draw against Hyderabad FC
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore beats UP Warriorz, finishes home leg on a high
- Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth retires from international badminton