Odisha FC registered a resounding 6-0 win over CRPF FC in its opening match of the Indian Women’s League here on Thursday.
Odisha dominated the proceedings from the beginning and had more of the ball possession. It made its first breakthrough in the 20th minute when Ngangom Bala Devi provided a defence-splitting pass, which resulted in Dangmei Grace heading home to give her side a 1-0 lead.
There was no stopping Odisha after that, as it took complete charge and used the width of the pitch to produce a good passing brand of football.
Odisha FC doubled its lead when Juli Kishan’s perfect cross inside the box from the left flank was squared off by Cynthia Marcondes.
Before heading into the break, Bala Devi and company found the back of the net two more times to take the game further away from CRPF’s reach. Ghanaian forward Faustina Worwornyo Akpo was the first to react on a loose ball inside the box as she slotted it home to make it 3-0 before Serto Lynda Kom tapped home the fourth goal in the additional time.
The winner maintained its tempo after switching sides and showed some good movements on the ball.
With Bala Devi controlling the team’s engine in the middle, the side built on its rhythm from the first half. Finally, in the 65th minute, the Odisha skipper claimed the reward for her sheer quality throughout the game.
The No. 10 received the ball just outside the box, took a peek at goal to spot the CRPF goalkeeper off the line and struck well into the top left corner.
Minutes later, Jasoda Munda put the game to bed by adding the sixth goal after she was left unmarked inside the box. Once again, it was Bala Devi’s dummy move that baffled the CRPF defence.
Lords put four past Celtic Queens
Elsewhere in Group B, Lords FA picked up a 4-0 win over Celtic Queens FC at the Shahibaug Police Stadium.
The Kochi-based side had four different goalscorers in the morning, with Arya More, Dipika, Sasmita Behera and Akanksha Kandalkar, all getting onto the scoresheet.
Eastern Sporting Union edge Kickstart
At the TransStadia, Eastern Sporting Union edged Kickstart FC 1-0. Moirangthem Mandakini Devi’s first-half strike was enough for the Manipuri side to down their Karnataka counterpart and grab the three points.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Rohit, Kohli, Kuldeep return as India looks to cleansweep Australia; toss at 1 PM
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles Round of 64, Mixed Doubles R-32 updates; Live action at 1:30pm IST
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games 2023: Sift wins gold with WR, Ashi bronze in 50m rifle 3P; Esha wins 25m women’s pistol silver; India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold- Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Sift Kaur Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new world record; India beats Singapore 13-0 in hockey, tennis results