Cristiano Ronaldo was left out of the Real Madrid squad for Wednesday's trip to Deportivo la Coruna as coach Zinedine Zidane maintained his rotation policy despite defeat by Barcelona on Sunday. It is the third consecutive La Liga away game Ronaldo has not been included in the Real squad.
However, the European champion has recorded victories at Leganes and Sporting Gijon without the World Player of the Year. Gareth Bale and captain Sergio Ramos are unavailable through injury and suspension respectively. Meanwhile, midfielder Toni Kroos is also rested.
Raphael Varane returns from nearly a month out with a hamstring problem to ease the blow of Ramos's absence at the heart of the defence. Madrid and Barca are locked on 75 points each at the top of La Liga.
However, Real still have matters in its own hands as it has a game in hand on its title rival.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 1: Toss coming up, playing XI updates; Under fire England eyes comeback
- AC Milan, Roma, Marseille, Benfica advance to Europa League round of 16
- Our failures don’t define us, says Sneh Rana as Gujarat Giants looks to turn tide in WPL 2024
- IND vs ENG 4th Test Dream11 Prediction: India vs England predicted playing XI, fantasy team, squads
- IPL 2024 schedule announced for first 21 games: Full list of matches, fixtures, dates, venues, timings in IST