Atletico Madrid has announced Angel Correa has signed a new contract to commit his future to the club to 2024.
Correa has made six La Liga appearances this term, scoring one goal, with Atletico recovering from a stumbling start to the new season.
Correa's importance to Diego Simeone's side has been underlined by the Argentina attacker being given a new deal. And the 23-year-old is thrilled to be rewarded with an extended contract, having been at the club since he joined from San Lorenzo in 2014.
"I am proud that the club continues to trust me and I continue to grow as a footballer here. That means I'm doing things well, but I have to keep working, improving and growing in this club, where I'm very happy," Correa told Atletico's website.
"I am very grateful to the club for the confidence placed in me, we have a great team and a great technical team and if we all work together in the same direction, I think we are going to make a great campaign. I feel the affection of the people and that makes me very happy, it encourages me to keep improving day by day."
- Australian Open 2024: Blinkova ousts third seed Rybakina after longest tie-break in Grand Slam history
- Harbhajan Singh: India has the talent to pick different teams for all formats
- IOC has full confidence in Paris 2024 Olympics security plans
- Aparna Popat: Let’s be bullish about our Olympic badminton medal aspirations!
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Kerala faces stern test against high-flying Mumbai