Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo suffered a thigh injury during the El Clasico victory over Real Madrid, the La Liga leader said on Monday.
The Uruguayan international played the full match as Barca won 2-1 on Sunday to move 12 points clear of its rival at the top of the table.
“Ronald Araujo has strained an adductor muscle in his left thigh, and he will not be able to play until the injury has healed,” the Catalan club said in a statement.
Barcelona did not say how long the 24-year-old will be out of action.
Araujo has made 22 appearances in all competitions for Barca this season.
- VIDEO: I was a little a nervous on my comeback, says KL Rahul
- Danke Seb - Sebastian Vettel bids farewell to F1 after fabled career
- Indian sailing team headed to Newport USA for World Championships
- Arif Khan: From Valley to Beijing with hope and valour
- Covid-19: The state of women's tournaments across the world