Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo suffered a thigh injury during the El Clasico victory over Real Madrid, the La Liga leader said on Monday.
The Uruguayan international played the full match as Barca won 2-1 on Sunday to move 12 points clear of its rival at the top of the table.
“Ronald Araujo has strained an adductor muscle in his left thigh, and he will not be able to play until the injury has healed,” the Catalan club said in a statement.
Barcelona did not say how long the 24-year-old will be out of action.
Araujo has made 22 appearances in all competitions for Barca this season.
Latest on Sportstar
- ISL 2023-24: Mourtada Fall completes move to Odisha FC
- Formula 1: Mercedes optimistic after significant progress show at Spanish GP
- French Open 2023: Russian Kasatkina feeling bitter after being booed post loss to Ukraine’s Svitolina
- Hovland delivers clutch putts and wins Memorial in playoff
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder stakes claim to be best signing of Guardiola era