Fabio Cannavaro discussed his love for Andres Iniesta, saying he watched the former Barcelona midfielder over Lionel Messi.
Iniesta, now playing for J1League outfit Vissel Kobe, celebrated his 36th birthday on Monday.
The former Spain international left Barcelona in 2018 after a trophy-laden stint with the La Liga giant.
Cannavaro, who won two La Liga titles as a Real Madrid player, said he always had eyes on Iniesta, widely regarded as one of the best midfielders of all-time.
"He played with such style, you couldn't help but love him when you saw him play," the Italian told AS.
"He was a perfect professional, very humble ... I loved him.
"Everybody might have been watching Messi but I was watching Iniesta."
- Pro Kabaddi League LIVE Score, Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Gujarat Giants: Arjun Deshwal’s super raid puts pressure on Gujarat; JPP 23-24 GG; Bengaluru Bulls vs UP Yoddhas later
- IPL 2024 Auction: Full updated players list with base prices to go under the hammer on December 19
- McTominay says Manchester United players fully behind Ten Hag
- Chennai to host GM Chess Championship as Gukesh, Arjun eye 2024 Candidates spot
- Indian sports news wrap, December 11