Barcelona great Xavi Hernandez hopes Neymar returns to Camp Nou, saying he had "no doubts" over the forward's quality.
Neymar, 28, has been linked with a return to the La Liga giant nearly three years after leaving the club for Paris Saint-Germain.
Xavi saw no reason why the Brazil international would not return, saying his former team-mate was among the world's best.
"Why not? Soccer-wise I have no doubts and I have lived with him in a locker room and he seems to me a great person," the Al-Sadd coach told DjMariiO in a YouTube interview.
"He was a professional here in Barcelona and would make a difference. Then there is the social, bureaucratic issue. I don't go there. But on the field he is among the five best in the world."
Another player Barcelona have been linked with a move for is star Inter forward Lautaro Martinez. Xavi praised the Argentina international's quality, saying: "I like him. Who doesn't?
"He stands out well, he gives depth, he plays space, with few spaces. Barca does well when interested."
- Milan’s Jovic hit with two-match ban for hitting opponent
- Long jump trial planned to eliminate foul jumps
- World Team Table Tennis Championships: India women beat Spain, advance to Round of 32
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Jasprit Bumrah released from squad; KL Rahul ruled out due to injury
- PVL 2024: Chennai Blitz gets winning momentum back, thrashes Kochi Blue Spikers