Manuel Pellegrini agreed to coach Real Betis from next season on a two-year contract, the Spanish club said on Thursday.
The 66-year-old Chilean manager led Manchester City to the English Premier League title in 2014.
Betis fired coach Joan Rubi Ferrer last month after an up-and-down season and is under interim coach Alexis Trujillo. It is in 14th place with four rounds left.
After coaching in South America, Pellegrini made the leap to European soccer when he took over Spanish club Villarreal in 2004. He turned the team into a serious competitor, reaching the Champions League semifinals in 2006 and finishing the Spanish league in second place in 2008.
He’s also coached Real Madrid, West Ham, and in China.
- EURO 2024 draw: All you need to know about European Championship draw, pots, live streaming info
- WBBL 2023: Adelaide Strikers defends title, beats Brisbane Heat by three runs in final
- Pro Kabaddi League: Full list of complete squads of all 12 teams in PKL 10
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings
- PKL 2023: Full squad list of all 12 teams after Pro Kabaddi League season 10 auction