Real Madrid has been drawn against 2016 runner-up Sevilla in the last 16 of the Copa del Rey. The European and world champion will face Jorge Sampaoli's side, which sits third in LaLiga, in a repeat of the UEFA Super Cup clash from August, in which Madrid emerged triumphant.
The draw means Madrid and Sevilla will meet three times in the space of 11 days next month, with their league meeting at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan taking place on January 15.
Holder Barcelona takes on Athletic Bilbao, the side it beat in the final of the competition in 2015, while Atletico Madrid will take on Las Palmas.
Valencia faces Celta Vigo and Villarreal meets Real Sociedad, while Osasuna has been pitted against Eibar.
There will be at least one lower division side in the quarter-finals, with Alcorcon — which knocked out Espanyol after a penalty shootout — facing fellow La Liga 2 side Cordoba, which triumphed 6-3 in a thrilling two-legged tie against Malaga.
The first legs will take place on January 4, with the return matches a week later on January 11.
- Ayhika-Sutirtha pair clinches bronze in women’s doubles table tennis at Asian Games 2023
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, October 2 - LIVE - Ayhika-Sutirtha pair wins bronze in women’s doubles table tennis; India stays fourth with 56 medals
- Table Tennis Live Score, Asian Games 2023: Sutirtha, Ayhika win bronze after loss vs DPR Korea in TT Women’s Doubles Semifinal
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022 medals tally: Sutirtha-Ayhika win bronze in table tennis, India wins 2 bronze in speed skating relay
- Virat Kohli origin story: A student who looked like a leader, and then became one