Cristiano Ronaldo spearheaded a courageous late fightback from 10-man Real Madrid to rescue a 3-3 home draw with Las Palmas in La Liga on Wednesday after Gareth Bale was sent off.
Ronaldo scored twice in three minutes to salvage a point for Real and deny Las Palmas a first ever win at the Bernabeu, converting a penalty and heading home from a corner one minute from time.
Isco had given Real the lead in the eighth minute but the goal was swiftly cancelled out by Las Palmas midfielder Tana.
A Jonathan Viera penalty put the visitor ahead in the 56th minute after Bale had been dismissed for two bookings and Kevin Prince-Boateng stretched Las Palmas' lead, but Real, who had three goals ruled out, refused to give in.
Real is second in the standings on 56 points, one behind Barcelona which thrashed Sporting Gijon 6-1 on Wednesday, but Zinedine Zidane's side has a game in hand on its arch-rival as it seeks a first league title since 2012.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets
- Happy we could play to the merit of the ball: Deshpande after scripting history with Kotian in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- Shreyas Iyer included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Kotian, Deshpande script record-breaking feat against Baroda as Mumbai enters semis