Valencia has agreed a deal in principle to complete the permanent signing of Denis Cheryshev from La Liga rival Villarreal.
Cheryshev, 28, spent last season on loan at Valencia and will return to the club pending the finalisation of personal terms.
The Russia international made 23 starts in all competitions during his second short-term stay at Mestalla, notching four goals.
Copa del Rey winner Valencia will reportedly pay less than the €7million that is said to have been the initial asking price for an outright purchase.
Cheryshev's impending move brings an end to a disappointing stint at Villarreal for the former Real Madrid winger, who starred for Russia at the 2018 World Cup.
In two seasons prior to his campaign at Valencia, he made just 11 starts in La Liga.
- Ranji Trophy 2023-2024: Hanuma Vihari to not play for Andhra, former skipper slams ACA after suffering ‘humiliation’
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Nitish, Sasikanth breathe new life into Andhra’s hopes of entering semis
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Vidarbha seals spot in semis after hara-kiri by Karnataka batters
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Pacers Vyshak, Kaverappa bring Karnataka back into contest against Vidarbha on Day 4
- Medvedev begins Dubai title defense with win in first match since losing Australian Open final