Santiago Solari is hopeful that Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos will be fit to return to action against Girona in the Copa del Rey.
Ramos went off at half-time during Madrid's 4-2 win at Espanyol in LaLiga on Sunday, having sustained a knock in a challenge with Sergio Garcia midway through the opening 45 minutes.
But Solari revealed that his decision to substitute Ramos, who scored Madrid's second with a towering header, and introduce Nacho was a precaution, and is confident that the 32-year-old will be able to feature in Madrid's Copa outing on Wednesday.
"He has a knock and has not been able to continue, but we hope it is a light injury," Solari told a news conference.
"Hopefully he can be ready for the cup this week against Girona."
- I-League 2023-24 Namdhari holds heavyweight Gokulam Kerala to a 2-2 draw
- U Mumba vs UP Yoddhas LIVE Score, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: UP inflicts all out on Mumba to reduce lead: UM 28-24 UPY
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE score and updates, HFC 0-2 MBSG ISL 2023-24, Hamill and Asish score for the Mariners
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings
- EURO 2024 draw: All you need to know about European Championship draw, pots, live streaming info