Real Madrid forward Vinicius Junior was ruled out of the derby clash against Atletico Madrid on Sunday just hours before the match in La Liga.
Los Blancos coach Carlo Ancelotti said Saturday the Brazilian winger would be in the squad for the first time after a hamstring injury as he was training well, but that Madrid would take no risks with him.
“Vinicius Junior, last-minute absentee from the squad,” wrote Madrid on social media network X, formerly Twitter.
Spanish media reported Vinicius’ absence was because of stomach problems rather than related to his hamstring recovery.
Vinicius last played for Madrid, which holds a 100 per cent record, against Celta Vigo on August 25, when he suffered the injury.
- IND vs NZ Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Gill picks up pace after Rohit falls; India 92/1 (12) vs New Zealand
- ‘Extensive work’ to find new host for 2026 Commonwealth Games: officials
- India’s highest PowerPlay scores in World Cup 2023 after IND vs NZ
- IND vs NZ: Southee dismisses Rohit Sharma in World Cup 2023 semifinal, equals record
- Wenger to inaugurate AIFF-FIFA academy in Bhubaneswar