Lionel Messi says he is comfortable with footballers returning to play again as La Liga prepares to restart the season in Spain next month. La Liga president Javier Tebas has circled June 12 as the ideal date for matches to resume. Barcelona sits top of the table, two points ahead of Real Madrid.
Players in Spain have started working individually at training grounds as part of a strict and staggered programme, with five players already put into quarantine after testing positive for coronavirus.
“The risk of contagion is everywhere,” Messi said in an interview with Mundo Deportivo , published on Friday. “When you leave the house the risk is already there, so I think you can’t think about it too much because otherwise you’ll not want to go out anywhere.
“But we also understand it is essential to comply with protocols and take all the possible measures of prevention. Going back to training is a first step but we shouldn’t get complacent and we must continue taking all the necessary precautions and assume we have to start playing games but behind closed doors.”
- Asian Games 2023, September 30, Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Sarabjot/ Divya qualify for gold medal match in mixed team; Sreeshankar, Aldrin, Yarraji, Nithya through to final
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 30 - LIVE - Sarabjot/ Divya qualify for 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team gold medal match, IND stands 4th with 33 medals
- Bundesliga: Uneven Dortmund holds on with 10 men to beat Hoffenheim 3-1
- Athletics, Asian Games 2023 LIVE Score September 30: Sreeshankar, Aldrin advance to long jump final; Yarraji through to women’s 100m hurdles final - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- India vs England LIVE Streaming info, World Cup 2023 warm-ups: When and where to watch IND vs ENG practice match today?