Lionel Messi scored on his return to league football after winning the FIFA World Cup 2022, when he struck the second goal for Paris Saint-Germain in the Ligue 1 match on Thursday.
The 35-year-old was involved in both the goals for PSG, against Angers, with he starting the attack in the fifth minute as Hugo Ekitike finished the build-up with an early goal.
In the 72nd minute, Nordi Mukiele, Hugo Ekitike and Messi combined outside the penalty box, with the Argentine starting the attack and finally guiding it into the net after receiving the final pass from Mukiele.
The goal, which initially looked like an offside, was ruled a goal after a VAR check.
WATCH THE GOAL HERE:
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Rajeshwari removes Meghana, Wareham in same over
- ISL 2023-24: Odisha FC and Mohun Bagan SG play out a goalless draw to maintain top of the table excitement
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Indrajith steps up as Tamil Nadu asserts control against Saurashtra
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bashir’s exploits, under Nostradamus Stokes, leave India in tatters
- No denying Janneke Schopman’s contribution but missing Olympics made her stay untenable