Liverpool midfielder Stefan Bajcetic’s breakthrough season has ended due to an adductor injury, the 18-year-old said on Thursday.
Bajcetic missed Liverpool’s 1-0 Champions League last-16 second leg defeat to Real Madrid on Wednesday as the Premier League club crashed out of the competition 6-2 on aggregate.
“Unfortunately I’ve picked up an injury that will keep me out until the end of the season,” Bajcetic said on Instagram.
“It’s very sad to say goodbye to this amazing season for me but I understand this is part of football and will only make me stronger physically and mentally.”
Bajcetic’s emergence has been one of the few bright spots in an otherwise disappointing campaign for Liverpool, which is sixth in the Premier League standings, six points behind fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur, who have played a game more.
The Spaniard made 21 appearances in all competitions this season, scoring one goal.
- Liverpool has ‘big job’ to replace Klopp, says Van Dijk
- AFC Asian Cup: Why was Aymen Hussein sent off during Iraq vs Jordan round of 16 match?
- Her roots in Puducherry, Prithika Pavade is France’s top hope at the Paris Olympics
- PKL 10 Live Score: Haryana Steelers takes on Bengal Warriors; Patna Pirates vs Gujarat Giants at 9 PM IST; Pro Kabaddi League updates
- ATP Rankings: Bopanna becomes doubles World No. 1, Djokovic stays on top in singles despite Australian Open loss