Lord’s FA stunned Gokulam Kerala 5-2 to win the Kerala Women’s League here on Sunday. Win Theingi Tun was the architect of Lord’s victory against the reigning Indian Women League champion.
It was also a sweet revenge for Lord’s, which had gone down 1-5 to Gokulam, the home side, a few days ago. Lord’s thus has qualified for the Indian Women’s League.
Win, the striker from Myanmar, scored four goals, including an old-fashioned hat-trick. It was Gokulam that took the lead though, in the 22nd minute, with Vivian Adjei shooting a rebound into an empty net.
Five minutes later however, the Win show got underway, with a header off a fine cross from Indumathi Kathiresan, who would score the other goal for Lord’s, in injury time.
Indumathi was also named the player of the tournament, while Win became the tournament’s top-scorer with a whopping 49 goals from 10 games. Femina Raj of Gokulam won the award for the best defender, while E.M. Varsha of Luc was adjudged the best goalkeeper.
- Athletics at Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022: Tajinderpal in action in shot put at 4:30pm, Amlan qualifies for men’s 200m SF
- India vs China Badminton LIVE Score men’s team final, Asian Games 2023: Lakshya under pressure in third game; Hangzhou updates
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Lakshya loses second game in men’s badminton final; India, Korea draw 1-1 in women’s hockey; Chenai wins trap bronze - Hangzhou 2022 Scores
- Asian Games 2023: “Anybody would see it as gold lost”— Aditi Ashok after finishing 2nd in women’s golf
- Shreyas Iyer origin story: From Shivaji Park Gymkhana to World Cup via a fulfilling dinner