Mario Balotelli has been left out of Brescia's squad for Sunday's Serie A meeting with Roma after the former Manchester City striker was involved in a training-ground argument with coach Fabio Grosso.
Balotelli signed for his hometown club Brescia - which sits at the bottom of Serie A - in August and has scored two goals in seven league appearances so far.
However, he reportedly stormed out of a Brescia training session on Thursday following a disagreement with Grosso, who hinted in a news conference on Saturday the ex-Inter forward would not be included in his squad.
"What happened with Balotelli is something I'd already experienced in the past. I demand great intensity and a high tempo in my training sessions. When that doesn't happen, I prefer to change and make the session tougher," Grosso said.
"He didn't do that and was set to one side. I don't want to minimise the incident, nor blow it out of proportion. It will be crucial for me to use everyone at my disposal, but I can only do so much. At a certain point, he has to help himself.
"You will know of disciplinary action, but I prefer to communicate these things to the players first myself. It'll be for the good of the team. I don't deny what I said about Mario, because I still really want to use his characteristics for the side."
Balotelli's omission was subsequently confirmed as Brescia confirmed its 20-man squad for Sunday's trip to Stadio Olimpico.
- Indian Oil Corporation stuns Railways in a thriller, wins Inter-Department National Championship
- West Indies squad for England ODIs: Holder, Pooran out; Uncapped Rutherford, Forde included
- Tamil Nadu’s Mareeswaran hopes to realise Olympic dreams through Senior Nationals Hockey tournament
- Hardik Singh ‘amazed and honoured’ after FIH Player of the Year Award 2023 nomination
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Maharashtra aims to secure spot in knockouts after last season final loss