Manchester United midfielder Nemanja Matic has withdrawn from Serbia's squad for its upcoming Nations League matches against Montenegro and Romania.
The 30-year-old joined up with his country following United's thrilling 3-2 Premier League win over Newcastle United on Saturday, in which he played the full 90 minutes.
He has since pulled out, though, and returned to his club's training complex for treatment on an unspecified injury.
It remains to be seen whether Matic will be fit to face former club Chelsea on October 20.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer