Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has the quality to play for any team in Europe, according to former Lazio striker Hernan Crespo.
Milinkovic-Savic is hot property across the continent, with Serie A holder Juventus, European champion Real Madrid and Premier League giant Manchester United reportedly interested in the Serbia international.
The 23-year-old scored 14 goals in all competitions last season for Lazio and impressed during Serbia's 1-0 win over Costa Rica at the World Cup on Sunday.
Lazio director Igli Tare previously said the Serie A club has not received any offers for the midfielder, though it would consider a transfer if a bid was lodged.
Crespo - who played for the Biancocelesti between 2000 and 2002 - is impressed with Milinkovic-Savic's physicality and thinks he would be the perfect fit for the Premier League.
"Milinkovic-Savic is a great player," he told Goal before Serbia's opening World Cup victory. "He is a player that plays everywhere. He is very physical.
"If he went to the Premier League next season, he would be great. He plays very well as a physical midfielder and he gets into the box almost effortlessly.
"I think he is ready to play for any club in Europe. I don’t talk about money, but he is very strong."
Milinkovic-Savic will likely be involved in Serbia's next Group E clash against Switzerland on Friday as his side seeks to secure qualification to the knockout rounds.
- IND-W vs ENG-W, 3rd T20I: Mandhana, bowlers guide India to five-wicket win over England
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Dinesh Karthik-led Tamil Nadu faces heavyweight Mumbai in quarterfinal
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: After domestic career rejuvenation at Kerala, Shreyas Gopal hopes for IPL resurgence
- PKL 2023, Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Gujarat Giants, Bengaluru Bulls vs UP Yoddhas: When, where to watch, H2H records
- Pro Tennis League: Defending champion Gurgaon Sapphires retains its crown, beats Ichiban Samurai