Mumbai City FC rested marquee player and captain Diego Forlan for the ISL clash against Atletico de Kolkata on Tuesday due to a leg injury. Coach Alexandre Guimaraes said he was unaware of the extent of the injury.
“Forlan is injured. You should ask the team doctor about the status of the injury to him. I do not know how to describe his injury and am waiting for the doctor to tell me if he will travel,” he said.
With Gaston Sanguoy and Jackichand Singh already unavailable for selection due to injuries and Sunil Chhetri not in the camp because of his commitments with Bengaluru FC for the AFC Cup, the Costa Rican coach said the team needed a replacement striker.
“My team management is aware that we need to sign a replacement striker.”
Sony Norde will be available for selection after Haiti international matches were postponed due to the hurricane back home.
Latest on Sportstar
- ENG vs IRE Test, day 1: England takes control against Ireland as Broad stars with ball
- ‘I will continue’: Ronaldo says he’ll stay in Saudi
- India wins Junior Asia Cup, beats Pakistan 2-1
- Champions League final referee under UEFA scrutiny for links to far-right leader in Poland
- Swiatek defeats Liu, reaches French Open third round