Relegation battling Parma stunned AS Roma by beating the Champions League hopefuls 2-0 at the Stadio Ennio Tardini on Sunday to end a 17-match winless run in Serie A.
Valentin Mihaila fired the hosts to an early lead before Hernani’s second-half penalty sealed a deserved win for Roberto D’Aversa’s side, its first victory since Nov. 30.
Roma goalkeeper Pau Lopez denied Dennis Man with a good save early in the second half as Parma put in an impressive performance to earn its third win of the season.
Parma remained in 19th place, but the victory took them to 19 points, three adrift of safety.
Roma came into the game on the back of three consecutive wins in all competitions, including a comprehensive 3-0 Europa League last-16 first-leg win over Shakhtar Donetsk on Thursday, but the defeat left the team in fifth place, two points behind Atalanta.
Earlier on Saturday, Bologna earned a 3-1 home win over Sampdoria to move into 12th place, one point and one place behind the visitors.
Musa Barrow and Mattias Svanberg struck either side of Fabio Quagliarella’s goal in the first half before Roberto Soriano wrapped up the win.
- India vs Netherlands Live Score, World Cup 2023: IND 217/3 (31); Rahul joins Shreyas after Kohli falls for 51
- IND vs NED: Virat Kohli becomes highest run scorer of ODI World Cup 2023
- ‘Phenomenon’ Kane basks in praise after record goal run for Bayern
- IND vs NED: Rohit Sharma completes 500 runs in World Cup 2023, equals Tendulkar record
- ICC World Cup 2023: England’s title defence unravels amid contentious selection calls, ageing squad and lack of game time