Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo has become the club's first-choice free-kick taker, while former winger Mauro Camoranesi backed the five-time Ballon d'Or winner to start scoring soon.
Pjanic, who signed a new contract that will keep him at Juve for another five years, indicated that he and Paulo Dybala were happy to step aside and let the club's €112million signing from Real Madrid assume set-piece duties.
The Bosnia-Herzegovina international also said that Ronaldo's arrival had boosted morale in the squad. "Cristiano is here now, someone who in the past few years has shown he is the best in the world and we can only benefit from him," Pjanic told the club's official website .
"At first when we trained on free-kicks, it would be either me or Dybala to take it. Now, it's 100 per cent him Obviously: he is a tremendous free-kick taker."
Ronaldo will score "tons of goals" for Juventus this season, according to Camoranesi, who said that the forward needs time to adapt in Serie A.
Juventus won its opening two league games of 2018-19, but Ronaldo failed to score against Chievo or Lazio as a new chapter in his career began.
The Bianconeri travel to Parma on Saturday, when fans of the champion will hope the Portugal international can open his account for the club.
"We're talking about a player who has scored more than 500 goals, with exceptional qualities," Camoranesi told Tuttosport.
"Just because he didn't score in his first two games, it doesn't mean anything. It's just one of those things. He'll score tons of goals before the end of the season. He has everything, explosive power, pace and technique."
"Many teams in Italy defend with many players in their own half. This limits the space he has, so an understanding with his team-mates is needed to find it, as well as his great power."
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 3: IND 287/8, trails by 66 runs; Jurel fights on after hitting fifty
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN 338 all out, leads by 155; Yash Thakur removes Manish Pandey
- WPL 2024: Revamped Gujarat Giants faces uphill task against buoyant Mumbai Indians
- New Zealand to send security delegation to Pakistan ahead of T20 series
- IND vs ENG: Akash Deep picks debut wicket, gets Zak Crawley but off No Ball