Poland will boycott all international football matches against Russian teams, the president of the country’s football federation said on Wednesday following a decision by UEFA to lift a ban on youth sides from Russia.
“If Russian national teams are authorised to play, our national teams will not play against them. That is the only good solution,” Cezary Kulesza wrote on X, formerly Twitter.
More to follow.
- Russia, IOC clash at the UN before member states pass Olympic Truce for Paris 2024 Games
- World champion Lyles, Britain’s Wightman to run at Boston indoor meet
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Ziyech strikes as Morocco wins while Ghana, South Africa crash
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Argentina beats Brazil 1-0 to go top of table after crowd violence delays start
- Davis Cup: Defending champion Canada knocked out in quarterfinals by Finland