Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Sergio Rico has come out of an induced coma after doctors stopped sedating him following a horse-riding accident last month, his wife said on Monday.
The Spaniard suffered serious injuries after being hit by a mule cart and a horse while taking part in an annual pilgrimage in southern Spain on May 28.
He was given permission by French champions PSG to take part in the pilgrimage.
“I knew from the beginning that he was going to pull through because he is a champion... We are already seeing the light,” Rico’s wife Alba Silva told local media outside the hospital in Seville where the player is being treated.
- Barcelona stunned by Shakhtar in Champions League as Sikan nets winner
- Fullkrug, Brandt steer Dortmund to back-to-back wins over Newcastle in Champions League
- Maxwell innings probably the greatest-ever in ODIs, says Pat Cummins after win against Afghanistan
- Al Duhail vs Al Nassr Highlights: Talisca hat-trick secures 3-2 win without Cristiano Ronaldo in AFC Champions League
- ICC World Cup 2023: Is Maxwell’s double-century knock against Afghanistan the best ODI innings of all time