Real Madrid has reinforced its defense by bringing back Fran García from Rayo Vallecano, the Spanish clubs said Friday.
The 23-year-old García came up through Madrid’s youth teams before joining crosstown club Rayo in 2020.
The left back established himself as a starter in three seasons with Rayo, playing 72 games.
García will compete with Ferland Mendy for playing time on the left side of the defensive line. Last season, Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti also played midfielder Eduardo Camavinga at the position.
Neither club disclosed the financial details of the transfer.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Chanderpaul, Blackwood take West Indies forward in 365 chase vs India
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present