Juventus' capture of Cristiano Ronaldo continues to pay dividends with the club celebrating a record points haul after 12 matches of the Serie A season.
Ex-Real Madrid star Ronaldo struck his eighth league goal for Juve after Mario Mandzukic opened the scoring in a 2-0 win at AC Milan on Sunday that lifted the Bianconeri to 34 points, an unprecedented tally at this stage of a campaign.
Read: Celta Vigo 2 Real Madrid 4: Solari leads Los Blancos to fourth straight win
Gonzalo Higuain, the man Ronaldo replaced in attack, failed to convert a penalty between the goals and was later sent off after an outburst over the referee's decision to award a foul.
The victory restored Juve's six-point lead following Napoli's win at Genoa on Saturday, with last season's runners-up confronting another tough task to loosen the champions' grip on the silverware.
Latest on Sportstar
- Norway Chess: Gukesh outwits Mamedyarov, moves to fourth spot
- IND 4-0 BEL Live Score, FIH Pro League 2022-23: Harmanpreet brace keeps India in front against Belgium at half-time
- Roma boss Mourinho charged with abusing match official: UEFA
- Indian sports news wrap, June 2
- When was the last time there was a Manchester Derby in the FA Cup?