Juventus' capture of Cristiano Ronaldo continues to pay dividends with the club celebrating a record points haul after 12 matches of the Serie A season.
Ex-Real Madrid star Ronaldo struck his eighth league goal for Juve after Mario Mandzukic opened the scoring in a 2-0 win at AC Milan on Sunday that lifted the Bianconeri to 34 points, an unprecedented tally at this stage of a campaign.
Gonzalo Higuain, the man Ronaldo replaced in attack, failed to convert a penalty between the goals and was later sent off after an outburst over the referee's decision to award a foul.
The victory restored Juve's six-point lead following Napoli's win at Genoa on Saturday, with last season's runners-up confronting another tough task to loosen the champions' grip on the silverware.
- BAN vs AFG LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023: AFG 23/1 (8 overs); Afghanistan starts slow in 335 chase - Bangladesh vs Afghanistan match updates
- Asia Cup 2023: Kishan’s new role in focus as rain scare looms over India-Nepal clash
- MotoGP: Bagnaia injured in horror crash at Catalunya Grand Prix
- In pictures: Mohun Bagan Super Giant beats East Bengal to win Durand Cup 2023
- Mohun Bagan beats East Bengal in Durand Cup final, becomes most successful team in tournament