Mohamed Salah has won the 2018 Puskas Award for a superb solo effort for Liverpool in a Merseyside derby against Everton.
The Egypt international triumphed over nominees including Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale for his sensational overhead kick in the final of the Champions League.
Bale's former Madrid team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona star Lionel Messi were also on the shortlist but were pipped to the prize by Salah, who struck in a Premier League draw against Liverpool's rivals.
ALSO READ | Deschamps wins FIFA Best Men's Coach award
Nominees for the award included World Cup goals scored by Russia's Denis Cheryshev, France's Benjamin Pavard and Portugal's Ricardo Quaresma.
Last year's Puskas award was won by Olivier Giroud, who hit a stunning scorpion kick to round off a superb team move for Arsenal against Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
James Rodriguez, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Neymar are among the other star names from the sport to have been awarded the Puskas prize in their careers.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets
- Happy we could play to the merit of the ball: Deshpande after scripting history with Kotian in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- Shreyas Iyer included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Kotian, Deshpande script record-breaking feat against Baroda as Mumbai enters semis