Schalke has announced the signing of Jonjoe Kenny on loan from Everton for the 2019-20 campaign.
The 22-year-old, who made his debut for the Toffees in May 2016, played second fiddle to Seamus Coleman last season and was restricted to just 13 appearances across all competitions.
The Bundesliga side announced the arrival of the right-back via a humorous social media post that riffed on the "oh my god, they killed Kenny" catchphrase from TV show South Park.
Kenny, who is on duty with England ahead of the European Under-21 Championships, told the club's official website: "It is a big chance for me, to come to a new country and show off my abilities, especially at a big club like Schalke.
"Schalke is a club with a long history and fantastic fans. I am happy to be here and can't wait to get up and running with the team."
- Diamond League final: Lyles, Duplantis aim to end 2023 on high note
- Krejcikova and Kenin will meet in the final of the San Diego Open
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: Chepauk Stadium — capacity, pitch info and areas that need attention
- Asian Games 2023: How has India historically performed at the continental event?
- What were the major records broken at 2018 Asian Games?