Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets has been ruled out of Saturday's La Liga clash away to Atletico Madrid due to a knee injury sustained on international duty with Spain.
Barca confirmed on Wednesday that Busquets had strained knee ligaments in last Saturday's 1-1 draw with Switzerland but did not state how long he would be out for.
Spanish media reports said Busquets would be sidelined for around two weeks, also missing the Champions League trip to Dynamo Kyiv and a home league game against Osasuna.
Barca is already without teenage sensation Ansu Fati for the trip to Atletico, who is third in the standings and six points above the eighth-placed Catalans.
But the team's list of absentees pales in comparison to that of Diego Simeone's side.
Luis Suarez, Atletico's joint-top scorer with five league goals, is set to miss the reunion with his former side after testing positive for COVID-19 while away with Uruguay.
Holding midfielder Hector Herrera has been ruled out until December with a hamstring strain, with defenders Stefan Savic and Mario Hermoso also doubts.
Forwards Yannick Carrasco, Diego Costa and Vitolo, meanwhile, are all fighting to be fit for the game, which will be the first true test of Atletico's title credentials after a brilliant start to the campaign.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: IND 38/0; Rohit, Jaiswal attack in chase of 192
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Rohit Sharma completes 4000 runs in Tests
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Saurashtra loses 7 vs TN; Baroda concedes lead to Mumbai
- Yathiraj, Pramod and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Fighting knock from fighter’s son: Dhruv Jurel walks in footsteps of father, a Kargil War veteran