Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Sergio Rico will leave hospital on Friday after a riding accident resulted in him sustaining serious head injuries and being put in an induced coma, the Virgen del Rocio hospital in Seville said.
The incident happened when the Spaniard was hit by a mule cart and a horse while taking part in an annual pilgrimage in Southern Spain on May 28. Rico was immediately taken to hospital.
The 29-year-old came out of the induced coma on June 19 and was discharged from the intensive care unit on July 5.
Rico was on the bench for PSG in its 1-1 draw with Strasbourg the day before the accident and was given permission by the Ligue 1 club for the pilgrimage.
- NBA 2023-24: Denver Nuggets eyes repeat from the West as revamped Celtics and Bucks favoured in East this season
- IND vs BAN, ICC World Cup: Shubman Gill exudes confidence with fifty against Bangladesh
- IND vs BAN: Why did umpire Richard Kettleborough not adjudge Nasum Ahmed’s delivery to Virat Kohli wide?
- Mitchell Santner’s World Cup dominance highlights revival of finger spinners in ODIs
- Anshul Jubli vs Mike Breeden LIVE streaming, UFC 294: Preview, stats, when and where to watch Anshul’s debut fight?