Serie A leader Napoli extended its Serie A winning streak to 10 games on Tuesday when it beat visitor Empoli 2-0 thanks to a goal and an assist from substitute Hirving Lozano.
The sides were locked at 0-0 at halftime, with the host dominating the first 45 minutes, while Empoli never came close to any real chances.
Napoli finally broke the deadlock when Lozano converted a penalty in the 70th minute after Empoli midfielder Razvan Marin tripped Victor Osimhen inside the box.
Empoli’s luck had clearly run out when Sebastiano Luperto was sent off after picking up a second yellow card for tripping Lozano in the 74th minute.
Lozano then crossed for Piotr Zielinski, who found the net with one touch in the 88th minute.
Napoli tops the table with 38 points after 14 games, nine ahead of AC Milan, which plays at Cremonese later on Wednesday.
- ICC ODI World Cup 2023 squads: Full players list of all 10 teams
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Smith, Marsh score fifties, complete century partnership
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 at 3:50 PM
- Nepal becomes first team to score 300 in men’s T20I; Dipendra Singh breaks Yuvraj Singh’s record for fastest 50
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit bows out in tennis QF; India 5th with 22 medals