Sheffield Wednesday has appointed former Stoke City and Crystal Palace manager Tony Pulis as its new head coach to replace Garry Monk, the English Championship club said in a statement on Friday.
Wednesday sacked Monk earlier this week with the club sitting 23rd in the second-tier standings after three wins from 11 league games.
Pulis, 62, last managed Championship side Middlesbrough, leaving the club at the end of the 2018-19 campaign after failing to secure promotion to the Premier League. He also previously managed West Bromwich Albion from 2015-17.
Pulis’ first assignment with Wednesday will be a trip to Preston North End on November 21 after the international break.
- Ranji Trophy 2024 semifinals Live Score Updates: Shardul removes Vijay to leave Tamil Nadu seven down
- CSK training camp ahead of IPL 2024 gets underway
- Indian boxers renew quest for Paris Olympic quotas in Italy
- NBA roundup: Celtics routs Mavs in 10th straight win
- Indian trio draws on a dull day in Prague Masters Chess tournament