Inter coach Luciano Spalletti has confirmed his club's interest in Atletico Madrid full-back Sime Vrsaljko.
Rumours persist that the Nerazzurri are nearing a deal for the 26-year-old Croatian, who starred in the World Cup as his country reached the final for the first time in their history.
Such a deal could come as a surprise after Vrsaljko extended his contract in February, signing a fresh four-year deal.
But Spalletti has done little to quash the speculation, telling Calciomercato.com : "We like Vrsaljko. The directors are working, certain things will be defined once our preparations begin, when our squad is more settled.
"As more days pass and we approach the deadline, the situations change.
"We're working on the pitch, so [Piero] Ausilio [sporting director] and [Giovanni] Gardini [chief administrator] are thinking about it. You also know the positions we need covering."
Inter has been busy in the transfer market so far this window, bolstering its ranks with the signings of Radja Nainggolan, Lautaro Martinez, and Matteo Politano.
It has also secured the free transfers of Kwadwo Asamoah and Stefan de Vrij from Serie A rivals Juventus and Roma respectively as they gear up for their first Champions League campaign since 2011-12.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures