Tottenham Hotspur manager Nuno Espirito Santo was impressed with his team's strong first-half performance in Sunday's 3-0 Premier League home defeat by Chelsea but conceded that it has many problems to solve.
Tottenham put up an energetic display in the opening half of Sunday's game but it had no answer when Chelsea roared back after the break with goals from Thiago Silva, N'Golo Kante and Antonio Rudiger to go joint top of the table.
"We competed really well, we played good football, we pressed high so we have the awareness that we have a lot of things we need to improve, but the awareness of the first half must stick with us so we can build on it," Nuno told reporters.
After winning its opening three Premier League games of the season to lead the table, Tottenham has suffered back-to-back 3-0 defeats and slipped to seventh.
Tottenham, which has scored just one goal from open play this season, travels to Wolverhampton Wanderers for Wednesday's League Cup match before facing north London rival Arsenal in Sunday's derby at the Emirates Stadium.
"We need more time to work together, we have a lot of problems to solve and, mainly, we need to improve," Nuno added.
"We need to find solutions but I'm really positive and confident we'll get there."
- Asian Games 2023 schedule today, October 4: Indians in action, events, LIVE streaming details, IST timings
- India vs South Korea HIGHLIGHTS, Asian Games 2023 hockey semis: IND through to finals, defeats KOR 5-3
- Asian Games 2023: Lovlina Borgohain wins boxing silver in women’s 75kg
- Asian Games 2023 Live Updates, October 4: India reaches men’s hockey final; Lovlina gets silver in 75kg boxing, Jyothi-Ojas bag archery gold
- India vs Thailand Kabaddi Highlights, Asian Games 2023: IND 54 - 22 THA in Women’s Group A, India seals semis spot