Former France and Manchester City defender Bacary Sagna has joined Montreal Impact in MLS, where he will play until at least the end of 2018.
The 35-year-old has opted to leave Benevento after just five months with the Italian club, with whom he suffered relegation from Serie A at the end of 2017-18.
Sagna was without a club after leaving Manchester City in June 2017 following a three-season spell in which he helped club to a League Cup win in 2015-16.
Montreal has the option of signing Sagna for a further year and the right-sided defender, who earned 65 caps with France between 2007 and 2016, joins a team currently fifth in the Eastern Conference.
Impact head coach Remi Garde told the club's official website: "I'm very happy of Bacary's arrival. He's a player with a great career who's still very motivated to come and help the Impact defy its end of season challenge. His personality, experience, and overall game will be a plus for our team."
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: Sai Kishore picks fifer vs Mumbai; Yash Thakur removes Gawali, Venkatesh vs MP
- De Minaur sinks Ruud to retain Mexican Open crown
- India climbs to top spot in WTC standings after Australia beats New Zealand
- LeBron James reaches 40,000 points to extend his record as the NBA’s scoring leader
- Meet Max Dehning, javelin’s youngest member of the 90m club